Penn State Health RN/Registered Nurse - PSHHVI Cardiac Rehabilitation in Hershey, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Part Time
Hours: 0700 - 1530
R ecruiter Information: Contact Lynn McCleary at email@example.com
- Responsible for assessment, implementation, and evaluation of primary and secondary prevention services provided in the Cardiac Rehabilitation and Wellness programs. The program RN is competent in case management of all participants in need of exercise training, risk factor modification, and behavior change by creating and adapting the Individualized Treatment Plan with the multidisciplinary Cardiac Rehabilitation and Wellness team.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Advanced knowledge of exercise physiology, nutrition, risk factor modification strategies, counseling techniques, and uses of behavioral change programs and technologies in CR/SP services as defined in the AACVPR Core Competencies position statement
- Recent work experience in a Cardiac Rehabilitation and/or secondary prevention program
- Degree or experience in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field
- Recent work experience in a Cardiac Intensive Care area
- Recent work experience in a Cardiac Procedural Recovery Area
Registered Nurse with license to practice professional nursing in the state of Pennsylvania required OR Registered Nurse from another state with a Temporary PA Practice Permit required.
6 months RN experience required.
Able to sit occasionally; stand constantly; walk frequently.
Able to lift/carry 0-10 lbs frequently; 11-50 lbs occasionally.
Able to push/pull 0-20 lbs frequently; 21-75 lbs occasionally.
Able to climb occasionally; reach constantly.
Able to use hand for simple/firm grasping.
*Appended to this job description is the Work Task Analysis that further describes the physical requirements appropriate for this role.
If chosen for this position, you may be required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: SEIU Nurses