Penn State Health Dietary Aide - Nutrition Services in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: Part Time
Job Summary :
Performs routine food service duties related to patient food service including tray line and sanitation
Essential Duties :
- Assembles patient trays according to marked menu and diet; may be assigned to various stations (starter, desserts, salads, hot food, beverage, loader or cart delivery.).
- Prepares and portions cold food for patient tray service.
- Works in dish area, scraping trays, loading or unloading dish machine.
- Maintains sanitation in assigned work area following established procedures and schedule.
- Assembles, labels and delivers patient meals, snacks, tube feedings, nourishments and floor stocks.
- Stock work station with food and nonfood items.
- Operates various food preparation equipment and utensils in a safe manner.
- Maintains food preparation equipment and work area in a high degree of cleanliness.
- Serves food in a proper manner.
- High school diploma or GED Required.
- Prior food service experience preferred.
Additional Responsibilities :
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence : Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity : Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion : Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence : Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality. + Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times + Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines + Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members + Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.