Penn State Health Medical Assistant Certified - Family Practice Fleetwood - Full Time in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Group
Location: SMG Family Practice Fleetwood
Work Type: Full Time- 80 hours per pay
S hift: Days/Evenings
The Certified Medical Assistant provides care and support to patients under the direction of the physician and/or advanced practitioner.The Certified Medical Assistant contributes to the planning and delivery of patient focused care.
Essential Duties :
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Provide patient mobility assistance, as necessary. Obtain and record
vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem.
- Assist with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures. Diagnostic tests and procedures may include venous and capillary invasive procedures for blood draw, intradermal (including skin tests), subcutaneous and intramuscular injections for diagnostic and/or therapeutic agents.
- Administer ordered medications via, oral, topical, rectal, otic, ophthalmic and inhaled. Administer vaccines via oral,
topically and by injection and nasal administration.
- Manage patient flow ensuring enough time for patient and family education. Screens, communicates and responds to patient needs appropriately within the scope of authority.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to the facility Exposure Control Plan; anticipate Practitioner's needs for medications, supplies and equipment and plan accordingly.
- Document procedures and interactions in patient's medical record.
- Schedule patient appointments and perform other clerical duties as needed.
- Actively participate in continuing education, required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have a Medical Assistant Diploma and a Medical Assistant National Certification.
- In the last three- (3) years, one (1) year experience as a Certified Medical Assistant in a clinic or acute care setting preferred
- Must have a Medical Assistant Diploma and Medical Assistant National Certification.
- Must have American Heart Association "Health Care Provider" BLS
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.