Penn State Health Unit Coordinator - Critical Care Unit in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 3pm - 11pm
Provides general clerical support to a specific unit including receptionist duties, transcription and processing of physician orders; and coordination of unit communication with other hospital departments as well as the public. Contributes to the safe and efficient operations of Nursing Service.
- Transcribes physician orders accurately under the supervision of a Registered Nurse to facilitate the implementation of the patient's care.
- Contributes to maintenance of a clean, safe environment to minimize hazards of infection or injury.
- Provides coordination of patient and unit communication to ensure that accurate communication is given in a timely manner.
- Coordinates patient movement on and off the unit.
- Maintains unit supplies, stock, and equipment to ensure availability of items that patient care staff may need.
- Assembles and maintains patient's medical records to facilitate ongoing patient information.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous unit secretary experience and/or completion of medical terminology course preferred
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.